Skip to main content

2021 in Review and Looking Forward

Newly-painted models of 2021


Hobby progress was largely successful in 2021 with a huge focus on repainting old Orks into the new scheme. 

Album for fully painted models of 2021: https://photos.app.goo.gl/CPwtmvia5UQLguka8

Album for repainted models of 2021: https://photos.app.goo.gl/WxGgtThxS7M6bdmp6

By the numbers:

  • Points fully painted: 4457
  • Models fully painted: 132
  • Points repainted: 5467
  • Models repainted: 205
  • Total points: 9924
  • Total models: 337


After completing all the repaints, I managed to get some army shots of the Orks, which doesn't include the new Megaboss or the Bossbunker, but it's most everything else, about 26,000pts in new money:

Morkers

Morkers Dreadmob

Gorkers

Mercenaries and Misc.


2022


For 2022, I have a lot of projects on the burner including more Orks, a Cities of Sigmar project, and Tau. As usual, the Rogue Trader idea keeps percolating and collecting one kit at a time in its little, plastic container.

Orks:

  • 9x Killa Kans
  • 3x Deffkoptas (also need to rebase the 6 I already have)
  • 12x Squighog Riders
  • 2x Nob on Smasha Squig
  • 1x Beastboss on Squigosaur
  • 10x Kommandos
  • 20x Boyz 
In total, about 57 models and 1385 points

Cities of Sigmar:

My plans are to build this as a city of Shyish who worship Nagash. The paint scheme will be reminiscent of Mardi Gras and Dia De Los Muertos.

  • Empire Captain
  • General of the Empire
  • Empire Battle Wizards
  • Valten, Exalted of Sigmar 
  • Freeguild General on Griffon
  • Celestial Hurricanum with Battlemage
  • Volkmar the Grim (Luminark)
  • 40x Handgunners
  • 50x State Troops
  • 10x Flagellants
  • 20x Greatswords
  • 10x Knights
  • 5x Pistoliers
  • 3x Demigryph Knights
  • 2x Empire Volley Gun
  • 2x Empire Artillery
  • Empire Steam Tank
In total, this is about 150 models and 3300 points, but it's hard to say at the moment considering there's a great deal of conversion that's going to happen.

Tau:

I've always wanted to own a stealthy T'au army, and after this year's Secret Santa, this is going to become a reality. 
  • 10x Pathfinders
  • 3x XV25 Stealth Suits
  • XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit
  • Commander Shadowsun
  • Accompanying Drones
In total, this is 24 models and 600 points for now.  Expect this list to grow rather quickly.

Other:

  • Fortress of Redemption
  • Ork Octarius Terrain

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ordo Draconis Armies on Parade

As I finish up models that have been sitting in my queue, I've been doing army shots including them. Last week, I finished up the knight models I had lying around. The lore for Knight House Draco has advanced in the Era Indomitus. The house's pencheant for daemon fighting has caught the eye of the Ordo Malleus and they have been brought into the fold. Their worlds have been put under communications blackout and household forces sworn to the crusade against the Ruinous Powers. They are now known as the Ordo Draconis and even Greater Daemons tremble at the mere mention of their name. Tiamat Drogon Gojira Melificent Falcor Smaug Jabberwocky Jormungandr The Eye Stalkers

How Did it Come to This? 10,000 Points of Painted Orks

One can only make so many milestone posts before people eventually get soul-crushingly bored of them.  However, I'm going to make an exception here because with my Vengeance Batteries, I've reached a total of 10,000 points painted with my Orks.  These points include reasonable upgrades, but not ridiculous add-ons like Kill Kannons for the Battlewagons.  Let's not be silly . Here's a video of the army.  Unlike the one I did for 7,000, this does not include a running commentary of each unit.  I simply cannot find the time to do that.  However, at the end of the post, please find a complete army list. Please try to view in YouTube instead of this embed because I uploaded it at full resolution and it took me forever.  You won't be disappointed! I started playing this game in 2010 when some friends and I suddenly realized that we finally had grown-up jobs and could actually afford it.  I'd always danced around the idea of collecting Orks either for F