Skip to main content

Quarantine Roundup 2: April 27- June 10

In my last post, I talked about the four main things I have left to do from my backlog:

  • Blackstone Fortress
  • The Unmade
  • The Splintered Fang 
  • The Elucidian Starstriders
Although I did manage to get some interesting basing down on the Blackstone Fortress models, I didn't get any paint on these. I did still get a lot of stuff done.

May 6: I felt so daunted by all these projects that I pulled a lot of metal out of one of my storage boxes and painted it. I got into Warhammer, at first, through Battlefleet Gothic. It was a great game for its time and the models are great fun to paint. I re-painted WAAAGH! Drillteef's fleet in the colors of the warband. I didn't even really bother stripping them as most BFG models have very deep, overstated details that hold up even with multiple layers.


May 8: In the hopes that Wendy would want to play some Blood Bowl with me during the COVID shutdown, I finished painting her Dwarfs team. I love the scheme she chose and I had a hell of a lot of fun painting these up.


May 12: Of course, I wanted to wrap up all the Blood Bowl Orcs and Goblins I still had rolling around in my possession. It's a really simple scheme and a really quick paint job on them.


May 17: I have had the bug to paint an army of Aurora Chapter marines. I've always wanted to do a striking, in-your-face green scheme and I am fascinated by the various Predator variants. I love the idea of a mighty Space Marines spearhead, but I'm not sure what lies in the future for Primaris tanks. These test models feature a very interesting yellow glaze over the green.


May 20: For a nice palette cleanser, I wanted to push myself a bit more, so I put a lot of careful time into this Huron Blackheart. I do still have issues with impatience, however, and that's apparent in several spots.


May 25: I adore Victoria Miniatures and recently picked up Corporal Tucky the tanker. I had an imperial commander rolling around as well; she's a wonderful gender flip of Creed and I love her. My FLGS also sold me a Catachan exclusive model. All of these characters were painted to be included in my Ork/Human auxiliary army.


May 31: I managed to finally get my hands on the new Ork starter set which I split with a friend. The first thing I did was kitbash a pair of Flash Gitz to go with the eight I already have and a Big Mek with Kustom Forcefield. A lot of bitz went into making these: Nobz, Meganobz, Soulsnare Shackles, Thieving Grots, Scrapjet, Boyz, Burna Boyz, Warbikerz, Stormboyz, Mekboy, Cadian Platoon, and Flash Gitz. Not sure about the skull on chain.

June 2: With three new Meganobz in the new starter, I decided to simultaneously get my old Meganobz repainted in the new scheme. First, I did a cleanup run on the ones that were already blue. There were seven Meganobz in this batch.


June 3: I think this was a weekend job from the 2nd to the 3rd where I pushed on more repaints. The difference with these is they were all red and yellow rather than already being in the blue and yellow scheme. The first pic is of my Looted Paladins and the second is my Looted Terminators.



June 4: The next day (I assume a Sunday?), I painted up the three new Meganobz from the starter box and finally finished off the unit of five. These have most of their options painted for swapping out. I adore the modern Meganobz kit; it is phenomenal.


June 7: These Ork Boyz have been a part of almost every list I've played since 2011 and I felt as if it was high time they get spruced up. They had been painted with craft store paint, even the washes! The unit also needed a lot of repairs and replaced limbs. I am very excited about this repaint and I can't wait to get them on the battlefield again.


June 10: And over the past few days I've been working on the remaining Nobz from the new starter set. I didn't have anyone with killsaws, so I stuck on the Kromlech saw arms that my buddy bought me a while ago. These I did in my Gorkers scheme which puts them in with the warband allied with the WAAAGH!




Next: will be a rebuild and repaint of my Looted Thunderhawk. I've already pulled off most of the superfluous bitz...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ordo Draconis Armies on Parade

As I finish up models that have been sitting in my queue, I've been doing army shots including them. Last week, I finished up the knight models I had lying around. The lore for Knight House Draco has advanced in the Era Indomitus. The house's pencheant for daemon fighting has caught the eye of the Ordo Malleus and they have been brought into the fold. Their worlds have been put under communications blackout and household forces sworn to the crusade against the Ruinous Powers. They are now known as the Ordo Draconis and even Greater Daemons tremble at the mere mention of their name. Tiamat Drogon Gojira Melificent Falcor Smaug Jabberwocky Jormungandr The Eye Stalkers

How Did it Come to This? 10,000 Points of Painted Orks

One can only make so many milestone posts before people eventually get soul-crushingly bored of them.  However, I'm going to make an exception here because with my Vengeance Batteries, I've reached a total of 10,000 points painted with my Orks.  These points include reasonable upgrades, but not ridiculous add-ons like Kill Kannons for the Battlewagons.  Let's not be silly . Here's a video of the army.  Unlike the one I did for 7,000, this does not include a running commentary of each unit.  I simply cannot find the time to do that.  However, at the end of the post, please find a complete army list. Please try to view in YouTube instead of this embed because I uploaded it at full resolution and it took me forever.  You won't be disappointed! I started playing this game in 2010 when some friends and I suddenly realized that we finally had grown-up jobs and could actually afford it.  I'd always danced around the idea of collecting Orks either for F

2021 in Review and Looking Forward

Newly-painted models of 2021 Hobby progress was largely successful in 2021 with a huge focus on repainting old Orks into the new scheme.  Album for fully painted models of 2021: https://photos.app.goo.gl/CPwtmvia5UQLguka8 Album for repainted models of 2021:  https://photos.app.goo.gl/WxGgtThxS7M6bdmp6 By the numbers: Points fully painted: 4457 Models fully painted: 132 Points repainted: 5467 Models repainted: 205 Total points: 9924 Total models: 337 After completing all the repaints, I managed to get some army shots of the Orks, which doesn't include the new Megaboss or the Bossbunker, but it's most everything else, about 26,000pts in new money: Morkers Morkers Dreadmob Gorkers Mercenaries and Misc. 2022 For 2022, I have a lot of projects on the burner including more Orks, a Cities of Sigmar project, and Tau. As usual, the Rogue Trader idea keeps percolating and collecting one kit at a time in its little, plastic container. Orks: 9x Killa Kans 3x Deffkoptas (also need to rebase