Skip to main content

The Long Weekend

Hello, readers! I had an extremely busy weekend full awesome.

After having a date night with the wife, I proceeded to stay up way the hell too late playing Hearthstone  and painting my Star Trek Attack Wing minis (3am).  May I present the USS Tyson (NCC-1958) (Named after the ineffable Neil Degrasse Tyson), the USS Republic (NCC-1371-A), and the USS Saratoga (NCC-1887)



I woke up at 7am to record the intro for Episode 4 of the Masters of the Forge with Snorre and Kamil. This week's episode (releasing Wednesday)  is about hidden threats in the world of 40k.  Be sure to tune in.

After that I left to put my first commission for Frontline Gaming in the mailbox.  It's a level 1 Wave Serpent commission.  I hope the client likes it.  It looks good on the tabletop, but you can see the way I faded the sprays to create depth when you look close up and underneath the model.  Of course, that's what Level 1 is... tabletop quality.  I look forward to doing more commissions.





Then, I rushed off to the last 6th Edition singles tournament at Dirty Goblin Games.  The turn-out was light, I believe due to the fact that it was the end of the edition and  a holiday weekend.  I brought my Star Eagles.  I played against Grey Knights, Space Wolves, and Tyranids.  At the end of the day, I emerged the victor regardless of the fact that I had a tough (but fun) game against the Grey Knights and the WarpQuake messing up my drop pod assault.  It certainly did seem as if painted models had Favored Enemy against unpainted models on Saturday!

I plan on using the prize money to pick up the new Orks codex when it drops in a couple of weeks.



I promptly came home and, again, played Hearthstone way too late (2:30am).

I woke on Sunday at around 8:00 and took the scenic route by driving NY66 and NY22 to Austerlitz, NY where the wife and her family were camping.  We had a lovely time as usual.  I took the opportunity to laze about and read Chains of Golgotha by David Annandale.  It was a really good novella and I recommend it to any 40k fan, but Ork players especially.


I woke up late on Monday.  This much was to be expected.  I spent the little time I had remaining of the morning finally working on the breakdown of the costs and donations associated with the Carl Coin fundraiser.  Thanks again to all those who participated.  It was good fun, but It'll be a while before I do anything like that again... it's quite a bit of work!

I also made a meme to amuse myself...



So, just after noon I drove down to Grimfoe Games and worked on the Gargant with Mike. Grimfoe does a really nice Memorial Day cookout which was super awesome.  John is a beast behind the grill. Here's a shot of Dan photobombing a portion of the spread and another of AJ's wife's contribution...



We made a hell of a lot of progress on the Gargant, but I didn't get home until 11:00 at night.




Suffice to say, I only got through the movement phase of the new rulebook before passing out.

Today is chores day at the house, I have a LOT of posting to do on the Hobby Progress Challenge, and I should be receiving the second commission soon.

No biggie.  There'll be plenty of time for sleep when I'm dead!




Comments

  1. Awesome! Glad to see someone else painting Attack Wing ships, I find them such a blast that they have basically completely taken my focus from the HPC :(

    Check them out here http://www.squaretablegaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=417

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ordo Draconis Armies on Parade

As I finish up models that have been sitting in my queue, I've been doing army shots including them. Last week, I finished up the knight models I had lying around. The lore for Knight House Draco has advanced in the Era Indomitus. The house's pencheant for daemon fighting has caught the eye of the Ordo Malleus and they have been brought into the fold. Their worlds have been put under communications blackout and household forces sworn to the crusade against the Ruinous Powers. They are now known as the Ordo Draconis and even Greater Daemons tremble at the mere mention of their name. Tiamat Drogon Gojira Melificent Falcor Smaug Jabberwocky Jormungandr The Eye Stalkers

How Did it Come to This? 10,000 Points of Painted Orks

One can only make so many milestone posts before people eventually get soul-crushingly bored of them.  However, I'm going to make an exception here because with my Vengeance Batteries, I've reached a total of 10,000 points painted with my Orks.  These points include reasonable upgrades, but not ridiculous add-ons like Kill Kannons for the Battlewagons.  Let's not be silly . Here's a video of the army.  Unlike the one I did for 7,000, this does not include a running commentary of each unit.  I simply cannot find the time to do that.  However, at the end of the post, please find a complete army list. Please try to view in YouTube instead of this embed because I uploaded it at full resolution and it took me forever.  You won't be disappointed! I started playing this game in 2010 when some friends and I suddenly realized that we finally had grown-up jobs and could actually afford it.  I'd always danced around the idea of collecting Orks either for F

2021 in Review and Looking Forward

Newly-painted models of 2021 Hobby progress was largely successful in 2021 with a huge focus on repainting old Orks into the new scheme.  Album for fully painted models of 2021: https://photos.app.goo.gl/CPwtmvia5UQLguka8 Album for repainted models of 2021:  https://photos.app.goo.gl/WxGgtThxS7M6bdmp6 By the numbers: Points fully painted: 4457 Models fully painted: 132 Points repainted: 5467 Models repainted: 205 Total points: 9924 Total models: 337 After completing all the repaints, I managed to get some army shots of the Orks, which doesn't include the new Megaboss or the Bossbunker, but it's most everything else, about 26,000pts in new money: Morkers Morkers Dreadmob Gorkers Mercenaries and Misc. 2022 For 2022, I have a lot of projects on the burner including more Orks, a Cities of Sigmar project, and Tau. As usual, the Rogue Trader idea keeps percolating and collecting one kit at a time in its little, plastic container. Orks: 9x Killa Kans 3x Deffkoptas (also need to rebase