Skip to main content

Warbikers Finally Finished



At Adepticon 2012, I decided I wanted a Biker army.  I spent a great deal of money on 48 bikes and a Forge World biker boss.  I was extremely excited about this army and it was quite a success on the battlefield.  Of course, that is, until the new Chaos Space Marines codex came out and the horrible Torrent in that army made my list completely un-fun to play.

I did manage to finish up one squad, but the list, then, languished for some time.

I decided to add these as part of the Independent Characters Hobby Progress Challenge just to get them done.  They're really cool, just terrible against any flamer with AP4 or better.  Having said that, I'm glad I did them.

Please excuse the slightly glossy clear coat.  I ran out of Testors and had to make do with Krylon flat spray for the time being.

This first squad are all old style bikers. They're really fun.  There are some parts from more modern models where I was missing stuff.









This is a more modern squad. I'm differentiating it from the unit of modern bikes I'd already painted by having the front fenders on these and painting the fenders red.








Here are all the newly-painted bikes in one shot.



Here is an old shot of my Biker Boss...




Here are all of my bikes and buggies.  They are a part of a larger sub-army "Yeller is Da New Red" which I will post at a later date when I finish my last Battlewagon.
  

Sorry it's been so long since an update! I shall endeavour to paint more Orks, but I've been busy! I have a new dog and he's been great for my wife and me in the exersise department.  I've also been doing a lot of commissions to buy my Sisters of Battle army. I'll try to make a post of all the stuff I've been painting for other people.

Until next time, thanks for looking.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ordo Draconis Armies on Parade

As I finish up models that have been sitting in my queue, I've been doing army shots including them. Last week, I finished up the knight models I had lying around. The lore for Knight House Draco has advanced in the Era Indomitus. The house's pencheant for daemon fighting has caught the eye of the Ordo Malleus and they have been brought into the fold. Their worlds have been put under communications blackout and household forces sworn to the crusade against the Ruinous Powers. They are now known as the Ordo Draconis and even Greater Daemons tremble at the mere mention of their name. Tiamat Drogon Gojira Melificent Falcor Smaug Jabberwocky Jormungandr The Eye Stalkers

How Did it Come to This? 10,000 Points of Painted Orks

One can only make so many milestone posts before people eventually get soul-crushingly bored of them.  However, I'm going to make an exception here because with my Vengeance Batteries, I've reached a total of 10,000 points painted with my Orks.  These points include reasonable upgrades, but not ridiculous add-ons like Kill Kannons for the Battlewagons.  Let's not be silly . Here's a video of the army.  Unlike the one I did for 7,000, this does not include a running commentary of each unit.  I simply cannot find the time to do that.  However, at the end of the post, please find a complete army list. Please try to view in YouTube instead of this embed because I uploaded it at full resolution and it took me forever.  You won't be disappointed! I started playing this game in 2010 when some friends and I suddenly realized that we finally had grown-up jobs and could actually afford it.  I'd always danced around the idea of collecting Orks either for F

2021 in Review and Looking Forward

Newly-painted models of 2021 Hobby progress was largely successful in 2021 with a huge focus on repainting old Orks into the new scheme.  Album for fully painted models of 2021: https://photos.app.goo.gl/CPwtmvia5UQLguka8 Album for repainted models of 2021:  https://photos.app.goo.gl/WxGgtThxS7M6bdmp6 By the numbers: Points fully painted: 4457 Models fully painted: 132 Points repainted: 5467 Models repainted: 205 Total points: 9924 Total models: 337 After completing all the repaints, I managed to get some army shots of the Orks, which doesn't include the new Megaboss or the Bossbunker, but it's most everything else, about 26,000pts in new money: Morkers Morkers Dreadmob Gorkers Mercenaries and Misc. 2022 For 2022, I have a lot of projects on the burner including more Orks, a Cities of Sigmar project, and Tau. As usual, the Rogue Trader idea keeps percolating and collecting one kit at a time in its little, plastic container. Orks: 9x Killa Kans 3x Deffkoptas (also need to rebase