Skip to main content

Dirty Goblin March 2014 Singles Tournament


So, as I am soul-crushingly busy with Adepticon prep work, let's see if we can't sneak in this Battle Report during my lunch.  I have 25 minutes!  And.... GO!

So, I brought my current list which includes the following groups:


  • Mad Doc attached to a squad of 10 Nobz with a Bosspole, Waagh! Banner, 2x Power Klaws, and Cybork Bodies in a dedicated Battlewagon with Red, Ram, and a Big Shoota.
  • A Big Mek with a Shokk Attack Gun and an Ammo Runt sitting in a unit of 3x Zzapguns with Ammo Runts behind an Aegis Defense with a Quadgun.
  • A Battlewagon (3 Big Shootas, Red, Ram, Stikkbomm Chucka) with 18 Shoota Boyz and a Big Shoota/Bosspole Nob.
  • A Battlewagon (Kannon, Red, Ram) with 18 Shoota Boyz and a Big Shoota/Bosspole Nob.
  • Shazzo Blitzklaws (Zagstruk) with 8 or 9 Stormboyz
  • A squad of 8 Lootaz
  • Another squad of 8 Lootaz



There was a light turnout for the actual tourney as everyone was hurridly preparing their display boards for Adepticon. Having said that, of course, we all had some nice games.  

Sadly, I do not have time to do a detailed analysis of each game.  I'll just place the general Lessons Learned up here at the top of the page and let you look at the pictures underneath if you are so inclined.

Lessons Learned:


I really did enjoy the Shokk Attack Gun.  It was a lot of fun lobbing pieplates across the table and it did seem to do some work throughout the game.  Putting him in with the Grot Artillery with Zzapguns was wonderful thanks to the Toughness 7; he rarely had to make any leadership tests and when he did, his 8 leadership was key to their survival.  I actually feel like I have a unit which can do some modicum of work against higher value targets.

The Lootas under-performed badly in my last game against the Heldrakes.  My strategy against a list with a lot of Vector Striking was to hold back with the Battlewagons until the threat was diminished.  Against the Heldrakes, I would put the Lootaz in the Battlewagons instead of the Boyz and walk the Boyz on from reserve.  Unfortunately, one Battlewagon was incinerated in turn 1 by a triple-Lascannon Predator, exploded, and the Lootaz ran off the table.  I can see this being an immense problem at the tournament and I feel myself slowly turning towards the use of Dakkajets again.  At least the Dakkajets look awesome, though they are useless against AV 13 or greater and if I bring them, I'm bound to fight a Necron AV13 wall because reasons.  At the end of the day, I am just plain tired of baby-sitting my Lootaz.

The Nobz were wonderful to bring to the table again.  It's been far too long since I've done so.  With Mad Doc in the unit granting them Fearless, they aren't quite so crappy and using so many standard Choppa/Slugga Nobz is a wonderful weight of dice in assault.  Of course, this unit will be terrible against anything that's even remotely good, but I think it'll do fine if I deploy properly.  I definitely need to add Stikkbommz to the squad; at 1pt per model, it's a steal against a lot of the enemies I'll be facing next week.  I can easily pay for this by removing some of the weird upgrades on my Battlewagons.

Game 1

Scenario:  Adepticon Mission 1 - Purge and Crusade
Opponent:  Necrons - a very good, mobile mix, heavy on Immortals
Result:  Minor victory Orks.


















Game 2

Scenario:  Adepticon Mission 2 - Emperor's Will and Scouring
Opponent: Chaos Daemons - almost pure Nurgle led by big fatty himself.
Result:  Major Victory Orks

















Game 3

Scenarop:  Adepticon Mission 3 - The Relic and Fixed-Position Crusade
Opponent: Chaos Space Marines/Daemons - double dragon with Typhus and daemons for scoring
Result:  Major victory Chaos


























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ordo Draconis Armies on Parade

As I finish up models that have been sitting in my queue, I've been doing army shots including them. Last week, I finished up the knight models I had lying around. The lore for Knight House Draco has advanced in the Era Indomitus. The house's pencheant for daemon fighting has caught the eye of the Ordo Malleus and they have been brought into the fold. Their worlds have been put under communications blackout and household forces sworn to the crusade against the Ruinous Powers. They are now known as the Ordo Draconis and even Greater Daemons tremble at the mere mention of their name. Tiamat Drogon Gojira Melificent Falcor Smaug Jabberwocky Jormungandr The Eye Stalkers

How Did it Come to This? 10,000 Points of Painted Orks

One can only make so many milestone posts before people eventually get soul-crushingly bored of them.  However, I'm going to make an exception here because with my Vengeance Batteries, I've reached a total of 10,000 points painted with my Orks.  These points include reasonable upgrades, but not ridiculous add-ons like Kill Kannons for the Battlewagons.  Let's not be silly . Here's a video of the army.  Unlike the one I did for 7,000, this does not include a running commentary of each unit.  I simply cannot find the time to do that.  However, at the end of the post, please find a complete army list. Please try to view in YouTube instead of this embed because I uploaded it at full resolution and it took me forever.  You won't be disappointed! I started playing this game in 2010 when some friends and I suddenly realized that we finally had grown-up jobs and could actually afford it.  I'd always danced around the idea of collecting Orks either for F

2021 in Review and Looking Forward

Newly-painted models of 2021 Hobby progress was largely successful in 2021 with a huge focus on repainting old Orks into the new scheme.  Album for fully painted models of 2021: https://photos.app.goo.gl/CPwtmvia5UQLguka8 Album for repainted models of 2021:  https://photos.app.goo.gl/WxGgtThxS7M6bdmp6 By the numbers: Points fully painted: 4457 Models fully painted: 132 Points repainted: 5467 Models repainted: 205 Total points: 9924 Total models: 337 After completing all the repaints, I managed to get some army shots of the Orks, which doesn't include the new Megaboss or the Bossbunker, but it's most everything else, about 26,000pts in new money: Morkers Morkers Dreadmob Gorkers Mercenaries and Misc. 2022 For 2022, I have a lot of projects on the burner including more Orks, a Cities of Sigmar project, and Tau. As usual, the Rogue Trader idea keeps percolating and collecting one kit at a time in its little, plastic container. Orks: 9x Killa Kans 3x Deffkoptas (also need to rebase